Junto: Learning & Entrepreneurship

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Curse is Back

Last night, I had another run in with "the curse"...I woke up at 3:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep until 5 am. (It couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time; I have been sleep-deprived all week from a nagging cold and a newborn baby!) However, I am always grateful for the enlightenment that comes to me in the middle of the night -- they always seem to be my best ideas. Luckily, I had my Blackberry next to my bed so that I could write my ideas down.

Last night, I had a great idea on how to track the contacts that are happening on our site. Before now, we've had a pretty good idea of which entrepreneurs were contacted through FundingUniverse.com, however, in the future we will know for certain.

Tracking is a very important part of the success of any internet company. Track page views, unique visitors, new subscriptions, success stories, etc. The most successful companies know what key metrics to track -- I think that is why Omniture's web-analytics software has been so successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home